THIS YEAR, MY GOAL IS TO PHOTOGRAPH 40 WOMEN OVER 40 YEARS OLD
I’D LOVE TO PHOTOGRAPH YOU & SHARE YOUR STORY!
THIS IS A LUXURY PHOTOSHOOT EXPERIENCE AND A CHANCE FOR YOU TO PARTICIPATE IN OUR
SPECIAL EDITION 40 OVER 40 PORTRAIT MAGAZINE.
WE’RE CELEBRATING REAL WOMEN, THEIR STRENGTH & STORIES!
This project will focus on 40 fabulous women in their 40’s, 50’s, 60’s and beyond. This is a one of a kind, styled photography experience celebrating your life, visualizing your legacy and sharing your unique story!
Women have so many shoes to fill. We are daughters, sisters, wives, mothers, business owners, employees, caretakers and so much more. Often times, in our 20’s and 30’s we get lost in these rolls and forget who we are. Our 40’s and beyond are a magical time where we get to revisit everything we gave up to start a career or family (or both!). This is the time to reflect on how far we’ve come and what more we want to do. We have wisdom and insight PLUS we don’t give a crap what anyone thinks anymore! How liberating!
We are WOMEN and we are STRONG, RESILIENT, RADIANT, BEAUTIFUL & FEMININE! If it’s been along time since you have seen these qualities within yourself, I assure you, they are still there and waiting to be found! Let me help you bring it out.
Do you have an amazing story that would inspire other women? Of course you do, every woman does! Sometimes we have a hard time seeing our strengths because they come so naturally to us, but this process just might leave you feeling stronger than you ever have before.
Join me in this movement that celebrates the wisdom & freedom that comes with being a mature woman. Let’s embrace your journey and reinvent what it means to be over 40 in today’s society!
I am offering a special rate of $350 plus tax to participate in the 40 over 40 project. The total value of this offer is over $550.
WHAT YOU GET
Short answer: A luxury photo session, one image of your choice, a feature in my my keepsake 40 Over 40 magazine & an empowering experience.
- Session Design and Style Consultation – Let’s find out all about you and how you want to be seen!
- Access to Studio Wardrobe – Don’t have a thing to wear? We have several dresses, shirts, jackets, tulle, fabrics, hats, necklaces and bracelets you can use. You don’t even need any of your own clothes, we can style you from what we have in the Studio Wardrobe!
- Welcome Packet – Printable digital PDF on how to prepare using our Beauty Guide, wardrobe advice and ideas using our Style Guide, appointment calendar, Shoot Day information and more.
- Professional Hair & Makeup – Our goal is to make it easy for you and to get you camera ready, you decide how much or little makeup you want!
- Fully Guided Photoshoot With Alissa – She will guide you through a series of natural poses and expression to find your best angles, you don’t need to know what to do, Alissa will show you.
- Multiple Looks – We will photograph you in as many outfits and looks as time allows, typically 4-6 outfits.
- Same Day Viewing/Ordering Appointment – You won’t need to wait to see your beautiful portraits. After your portrait session, between 4-6pm, we will meet on Zoom to see and choose your favorites. These are the raw images out of camera, not retouched.
- Portrait of your Choice – You will get one portrait of your choice (a $300 value) in print & digital format. Or, if you wish to purchase more, we can apply your session fee towards a collection.
- Professional Retouching – Every image you take home will be professionally retouched. It’s not about changing how you look, it’s about polishing it up by removing distracting elements and adding artistic touches.
- A Feature In Our Special Edition 2022 40 over 40 Portrait Magazine – Includes access to a digital copy which will come out January 2022, printed copies are $15 each.
- Your story and image will be shared on my social media and website
- A legacy for future generations – Maybe your story is something you want to pass down to your children, husband, grandchildren or nieces and nephews, what a cool way to do it!
- You will be interviewed before and/or after the photoshoot in order to share your story and your photoshoot experience.
- Before/After Styling images will be taken.
- Your chosen image will be featured in our Portrait Magazine along with our 39 other selected participants.
- Your images, words, and videos will be used for marketing the project including but not limited to social media, print media, website and other marketing materials.
- Other conditions may apply.
Spaces Are Limited
This experience is so much more than just showing up, smiling and having a nice picture. My hope is that you start to see yourself in a new way! This is an opportunity to reconnect with your most inner self & see your true beauty.
I’m Alissa, an artist and portrait photographer in Woodbury, MN. Nothing gives me more satisfaction than providing my clients with an unforgettable experience, beautifully crafted portraits and a legacy in print. Let me invite you to see your individual beauty and to fall in love with printed artwork.
My mission is to reveal the artistry in humanity, to immortalize your legacy and to capture your unique beauty in print.
“What am I going to do with a photo of myself”?
I’ve heard this question many times from women, usually mothers. One reason”, I tell them, is Legacy. How do you want your sons, daughters, husbands or grandchildren to remember you? Do you have a photo of your mother or grandmother? How much do you cherish it? It’s priceless.
It’s time to exist in print in this digital world. It’s time to rediscover yourself. It’s time to see your beauty.
Portrait of me done by Kari Layland Photography
Frequently Asked Questions
Anyone turning 40+ in 2021 can participate. You can be in your 40’s, 50’s, 60’s, 70’s, 80’s and older!
No matter your size, shape or personal history, I got you. This is an exciting and indulgent experience that I can’t wait to share with you!
The fee to participate is $350 plus tax. This fee holds your date for your photoshoot and retains the hair and makeup artist. You may be tempted to purchase more, but it is not required. This session fee can be used towards a collection instead of the complimentary image.
Session Design and Style Consultation
Access to Studio Wardrobe
Professional Hair & Makeup
Fully Guided Photoshoot With Alissa
Same Day Viewing/Ordering Appointment
Portrait of your Choice
A Feature In Our Special Edition 2022 40 over 40 Portrait Magazine
Your story will be shared on my social media and website
A legacy for future generations
I have chosen the best museum quality products to offer my clients, handcrafted by artisans in Italy. I wanted to ensure that my clients would have heirloom quality products that will last many lifetimes.
I currently offer Portfolio Boxes, Albums, Modern Canvas & Acrylic Wall Art.
You will get to see and touch all of our products when you are in the studio for your session!
Yes, definitely! I hope you love and want them all! So there is a good chance you will want more than one.
The more you buy, the more you save per image. Most clients choose to purchase a collection, which start at $2500 for 10 images in a Folio Box and an 11×14 Wall Art Piece.
Collections go up in price from there, but with greater savings and value.
A la Carte items are also available.
You can also apply your $350 session fee towards a collection in place of the complimentary image.
We take cash, checks, credit cards & PayPal (their financing is great, no interest for 6 months!). We also offer pre-payment plans with bonus’s.
All photoshoots take place in my Home Studio in Woodbury, MN.
Shoot days are on Mondays and Wednesdays at 9am-1pm by appointment only. Availability is on a first come, first serve basis. During your Phone Consultation, once you pay the $350 participation fee, Alissa will share the next available dates and will coordinate a day that works best for you.
The studio is closed on weekends and holidays.
As an artist, I value printing. I create a studio magazine a few times a year for my business and I thought this would be a great way to commemorate this experience for everyone that participates. Each participant will get a page or spread with their image and a portion of their story. If your business is a part of your story, feel free to promote it! It’s also a great way to share your story with friends and family. Further details to come towards the end of the project.
Because showing women how beautiful they really are and sharing their unique story fills me with joy and purpose. This year I will turn 42 and I feel like I have so much to share but also so much to learn from other women at the same time!
Who knows, maybe your story could help someone else out of a situation they found themself in. Perhaps sharing your journey will help you heal and rediscover how amazing you are! And maybe just sharing an experience with other women will leave you feeling free.
I swear, I have heard this from nearly every woman I have photographed, but it’s not true!
It’s my job as the photographer to connect with you and make you comfortable so you look and feel amazing.
I have photographed women of all sizes and shapes and I will make you look amazing in your portraits, I promise!
We will go more into detail at your consultation, but here are some of the basics.
Bring 5-7 outfits in a variety of styles such as casual, glam, personal branding, flirty and even sexy. I have clients that bring in jeans and a nice shirt to a gorgeous cocktail dress they rarely get to wear but love. You will be photographed in as many as time allows.
If you want a sexy look, feel free to bring in some lingerie or we can even photograph you in the nude, tastefully of course! With as much or as little skin showing as you prefer, think Marilyn Monroe and her white sheet portrait. This session is all about you and how YOU want to be photographed.
Makeup is a tool that we use to balance skin tones, hide under eye circles and make your eyes pop. That said, I want you to look like yourself and not a stranger. This is you on your best day when your hair and makeup are on point or when you have a special event that you spend a little extra time getting ready for.
My hair and makeup team can do everything from “no makeup” makeup to full glam bombshell. Before any photos are taken, we will make sure you are totally happy with your makeup. If it isn’t right, we will fix it!
Absolutely yes! You may include any of your loved ones in your shoot. This is YOUR story to tell in any way you wish. Additional hair & makeup is $70.
Most definitely! As long as spaces are available, I would love to have your friends be a part of this project with you! Tell everyone you know!
Life happens, we get it! While we hope you won’t need to reschedule, please keep in mind that you only get one reschedule at least 7 days in advance as we pre-pay and book the hair and makeup artist specifically for your photoshoot.
In the event that you need to reschedule either for a second time or less than 7 days in advance, there is a $100 rescheduling fee.
Every woman 40 and over is invited to take part and are chosen on a first come, first served basis.
If you are interested or have more questions, schedule a phone consultation with Alissa and she will answer all of your questions. Once you pay your $350 participation fee, your spot is secured and we will get your date booked.
There are only 40 spaces available, so once filled, we will create a waitlist of interested women. However there are no guarantees that this project will happen again next year. So if you are interested, I highly recommend booking this year’s campaign.
Just click on the RESERVE YOUR SPOT NOW button throughout this page to schedule a quick 15 min phone call where I can answer any more questions and if you are ready, I can take your payment and schedule your date at the end of the call!